Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Muffler Drama and Trip planning

Well that wasn't too bad! 20 Minutes wait, 1/10th of what it would have cost and my car sounds 1000% quieter! 1,063 bucks...my god! The dealership was going to replace my entire exhaust system for ONE part!!! The guy I took it to just spot welded in the new part. Goodness. I'm SOOO glad that is done with.

I called my mom last night and chatted with her and Logan. She put my step dad on the phone and he told me he saw a moose for the first time in his life. He was starting to think it was a mythical creature. He loves the moose. Everything is "moose this" and "moose that" but he had never actually seen one of these beasts. Finally last night, he did. He is just besides himself with joy.


We talked about what we were going to do while they were out here. Going to see a Twins/Yankees game. Which I suppose is good, but we are Red Sox fans and if anyone is keeping track, Yankee fans and Red Sox fans don't mesh well. We will be cheering the Twins. It will be fun to take Logan to his first ball game! We are also going to hit up the mall of America (really camp Snoopy) and the children's museum and zoo.

Not a big Mall of America fan over here. And I quote from one of my favorite movies "They should have the parking lot of America to go with the Mall of America" (Drop Dead Gorgeous). I guess since I'm not a big fan of shopping in the first place, a place with lots of shopping really doesn't appeal to me.

Going out to lunch today with my office mate. We got a Chipotle's here finally and when it first went in everyone was all excited because they could finally eat the big-ass burritos that Ozzy eats. Well. Yes, they are big but MAN! That is a lot of food. One burrito and you can have it for breakfast lunch and dinner. Next door to chipotles is Coldstone Creamery. Apparently they have some kick ass expensive ice cream treats. They put an entire candy bar in your goody? I haven't been there yet because I don't want to spend an entire weeks pay on one treat.

No comments: