Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Painting...Painting...PAINTING.

I have paint all up in my hair. I showered but still have paint all over me! Kitchen is getting near done. I have done the bottom trim and will start working on the upper trim tonight. Then I have touch ups on the cabinets, do the door frame, do the door, lay laminate on the counter, install a light, install a wine rack. What am I smoking? "Kitchen is getting near done"?!?! Right. You all should have seen the house before we moved in. Green/Orange kitchen (Hunter orange counter tops, Green cabinets, green & orange wallpaper). Pussy Willows in the bathroom. Vertical lines in the bedroom. PIRATE SHIPS in the other bedroom. Corduroy in the living room and hall. Wood panelling in the family room. Hula Green in the downstairs bathroom. Green house with a coral/pink door. Carpet in the living room was a yellowing shag and blue mat (1/2 & 1/2) See PICS BELOW!


So far we have removed all the wallpaper. We have successfully completed the living room & hall paint and trim, ripped up the yucky carpet and had new stuff laid. Removed all the doors in the house to paint. Painted the pirate ship room to a beautiful yellow & white. Painted a few doors. Painted the vertical room. Puddied up the grooves in the wood panelling, painted the wood panelling, painted all the cabinets in the kitchen and 3/4 done with the walls & ripped off the counter top. Plus some odds and ends stuff outside in the landscaping and other little things around the house... Not to bad for a months work! Getting the wallpaper off was the hardest part. YUCK!


Family room before, Middle, and final


Spare bedroom before and after:


Bathroom before

Bathroom after

Kitchen Before
Kitchen After
Master Bedroom Master After (Kinda...more work done)
Bonus Room After (No previous available)
Living room (Before)
Living Room After

Door before Door After


Last night was just consumed with painting. I have discovered that the more careful I try to be when doing edging, the more apt I am to get gray/brown paint on white cupboards. hah

I'm debating if I want to get any work done today at all...

It's almost time for all the babies to be delivered!!!! 2 of the g/f's sister-in-laws are about to have babies and so is my sister. A is due 2 weeks from yesterday. P is due end of October. Erika is due Sept 9th. It's all coming up so fast!!! Instead of one nephew, there will be 2 nephews, 1 niece, (those numbers could change to 3 nephews and 1 niece or 2 nephews and 2 nieces .. blah3)

No comments: